The quality of DuFlon Design work is guaranteed and custom orders are delivered on time. Our carpenters can travel anywhere in Guatemala to install woodwork. We can arrange to have the items you purchase shipped to you anywhere in the world.

Designing with you
Jeff DuFlon, owner and designer, consults with you via email, in person, or by telephone to get a clear idea of your preferences on the key design elements of style including: wood type, color and grain; carvings; fittings; glasswork; reclaimed architectural elements; and other details in the creation of your custom woodwork. He then prepares alternative designs for your review, either in person or via email. Once the final design is arrived at, production begins and you will be able to keep in touch with your piece as it takes shape via this website.

Getting your woodwork to you
If you have a shipping mechanism available we will work with that. If you do not, we make shipping arrangements with CANIZ, a Guatemala-based international moving company that was established over 70 years ago. CANIZ is professional, reliable and economical.

CANIZ packs items to be shipped where they are produced in San Juan del Obispo, Antigua at the wood shop and then takes them to Guatemala City where they ship out from with final destination – your address. Our staff works with CANIZ to ensure timely delivery. All custom woodwork enters the U.S. as "artesanía" so NO duties are charged.

However, if you are in Guatemala, you may either pick up your items in Antigua or our carpenters will deliver and install them for you.

Costing and Billing
Items that Jeff has designed and produced already have a set cost that may vary slightly depending on what details you change in carvings, fittings, finishes, glasswork, etc. For custom-designed woodwork, each design alternative that you receive to review will include an estimate which will vary depending on design details. When the design is finalized, a final cost will be calculated.

We request that 70% of the total cost (not including handling/shipping) be paid before production and the remaining 30% before the items leave the shop.

Costs for local or international transport and installation (local only) will be consulted with you in writing. Please note that payment for transport must be received before items leave the shop and payment for installation as soon as it is completed.  

 

Home About Us Woodwork Art Santa Chivita Contact Us Projects Community